By John Dike, Osogbo
Osun State chapter of the All Progressives Congress (APC) has cautioned its members against blaming party leaders for the outcome of the August 15 governorship election, describing such campaigns as capable of deepening the party’s internal crisis.
The party, in a statement signed by its Director of Media and Information, Mogaji Kola Olabisi, on Thursday, said it had observed what it described as “sponsored newspaper articles” and video messages circulating on social and traditional media, allegedly accusing some APC leaders of being responsible for the party’s defeat.
The Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC) declared Governor Ademola Adeleke of the Accord Party winner of the election, defeating the APC candidate, Asiwaju Bola Oyebamiji.
The APC said the current situation required sober reflection and constructive engagement rather than a blame game against its leaders and members.
“At this stage in the political life of our party, such blame game of any of our leaders or members either directly or by proxy is not what is needed to put the party back on the right track,” the statement said.
The party acknowledged the disappointment of members and supporters who worked for the victory of its candidate but said their concerns should be channelled towards finding solutions that would strengthen the party ahead of future elections, particularly the 2027 presidential election.
According to the APC, some of its leaders who had been targeted by the attacks had consistently supported the party with their resources, time, counsel and other forms of assistance.
It described the alleged campaign against party leaders as “worrisome and nauseating,” alleging that some individuals who worked against the party during the election were now attempting to exploit the outcome to create further divisions.
The party further alleged that some members clandestinely worked in favour of Governor Adeleke during the election and were now allegedly using “faceless organisations” and hired writers to attack genuine party leaders.
“It is uncharitable, rebellious and ungodly for any leader or member of our party who had worked against the interest of our party at any of its levels to engage in the hiring of hatchet writers operating under faceless organisations to be promoting avoidable schism in the party,” the statement said
The Osun APC claimed that its internal investigation had established that some of the people allegedly responsible for the party’s electoral setback were also behind what it described as attempts to further weaken the party through internal attacks.
It urged members genuinely interested in the growth of the APC to concentrate on identifying the causes of the electoral setback and proposing measures that would improve the party’s performance.
“The priority of any of the leaders or members of our party who genuinely wants the advancement of the party is to profer solutions that would improve the value of the party towards the forthcoming presidential election in the state,” it said.
The party also took a swipe at those allegedly operating from behind the scenes, saying that hiding behind anonymous organisations and employing writers to attack perceived opponents would not resolve the challenges confronting the APC.
The Osun APC commended members and supporters who campaigned and worked for the victory of Oyebamiji, popularly known as AMBO, saying their efforts should not be undermined by alleged internal sabotage.
It expressed confidence that the contributions of members would ultimately be recognised, while urging party stakeholders to remain committed to the APC despite the outcome of the governorship election.
“We pray that the efforts of our members and supporters shall not be in vain and that God shall reward all the stakeholders of our party according to their contributions either positively or negatively in the election,” the statement added.

